CompTIA PenTest+ is for cybersecurity professionals tasked with penetration testing and vulnerability management.
The new CompTIA PenTest+ exam is available now!
Why is it different?
About the exam
- CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
- Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.
- Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
What Skills Will You Learn?
PLANNING & SCOPING
Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
INFORMATION GATHERING & VULNERABILITY IDENTIFICATION
Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.
ATTACKS & EXPLOITS
Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
PENETRATION TESTING TOOLS
Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
Organizations that have contributed to the development of PenTest+
|Launch Date||July 31, 2018|
|Exam Description||The CompTIA PenTest+ certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to plan and scope an assessment, understand legal and compliance requirements, perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing, analyze data, and effectively report and communicate results.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 85 questions|
|Type of Questions||Performance-based and multiple choice|
|Length of Test||165 minutes|
|Passing Score||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Recommended Experience||Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.|
|Languages||English and Japanese|
|Retirement||TBD - Usually three years after launch|
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE Testing Centers|
|Price||PHP 44,000.00 per pax
Training Bundled with Certification Exam Package
- Summarize physical security attacks related to facilities.
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks
- Explain weakness related to specialized systems
Relevant Job Role
- Penetration Tester
- Security Consultant
- Network Security Operations
- Security Analyst
- Training Materials
- Certificate of Completion
- IT Certified Professional
- Full Training Meals (AM & PM snack and Lunch); coffee and water