CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
Why is it different?
About the exam
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools, analyzing results, and implementing recommended response
Implement vulnerability management process and analyze results of the scan
SECURITY ARCHITECTURE & TOOL SETS
Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management and recommend implementation strategy while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Distinguish threat data to determine incident impact and prepare a toolkit with appropriate forensics tools, communication strategy, and best practices as a response
Organizations that have contributed to the development of CySA+
|Launch Date||February 15, 2017|
|Exam Description||The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification verifies that successful candidates have the knowledge and skills required to configure and use threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization, with the end goal of securing and protecting applications and systems within an organization.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 85 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice and performance-based|
|Length of Test||165 minutes|
|Passing Score||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Recommended Experience||Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, CySA+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.|
|Languages||English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese|
|Retirement||TBD - Usually three years after launch|
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE Testing Centers|
|Price||PHP 51,500.00 per pax
Training Bundled with Certification Exam Package
- Distinguish threat data or behavior to determine the impact of an incident.
- Implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure to a networkbased threat.
- Use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management.
- Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures.
- Analyze common symptoms to select the best course. of action to support incident response.
Relevant Job Role
- IT Security Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Training Materials
- Certificate of Completion
- IT Certified Professional
- Full Training Meals (AM & PM snack and Lunch); coffee and water