CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Why is it different?
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
About the exam
The new CompTIA Security+ SY0-501 exam is available as of October 4, 2017.
What Skills Will You Learn?
THREATS, ATTACKS & VULNERABILITIES
Detect various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning concepts
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
Install, configure, and deploy network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
Implement secure network architecture concepts and systems design
IDENTITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT
Install and configure identity and access services, as well as management controls
Implement and summarize risk management best practices and the business impact
CRYPTOGRAPHY & PKI
Install and configure wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure
Organizations that have contributed to the development of Security+
|Launch Date||October 4, 2017|
|Exam Details||The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. The successful candidate will perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90 questions|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice and performance-based|
|Length of Test||90 minutes|
|Passing Score||750 (on a scale of 100-900)|
|Recommended Experience||CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus|
|Languages||English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese|
|Retirement||Usually three years after launch|
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE Testing Centers|
|Price||PHP 39,500.00 per pax (5 days)
Training Bundled with Certification Exam Package
- Monitors and utilizes intrusion prevention systems and security toolsets for the identification of suspicious and malicious activities.
- Performs risk assessment, mitigation and remediation.
- Risk assessment.
- Manages IT operations security and information assurance activities.
Relevant Job Role
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Systems Administrator
- Security Architect
- Information Assurance Technician
- Training Materials
- Certificate of Completion
- IT Certified Professional
- Full Training Meals (AM & PM snack and Lunch); coffee and water