CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
Why is it different?
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
About the exam
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
What Skills Will You Learn?
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Who would benefit from ITF+?
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
Why would you benefit from ITF+?
|Launch Date||September 4, 2018|
|Exam Description||The new CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.|
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 75 questions per exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice|
|Length of Test||60 Minutes|
|Passing Score||650 (on a scale of 900)|
|Recommended Experience||No prior experience necessary|
|Retirement||Usually three years after launch|
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE Testing Centers|
|Price||PHP 34,500 per pax (5 days)
Training Bundled with Certification Exam Package
- Install software.
- Establish basic network connectivity.
- Identify/prevent basic security risks.
- Explain troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of devices.
Relevant Job Role
- Sales Associate
- Sales Engineer
- Account Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Product or marketing specialist
- Customer Support
- Training Materials
- Certificate of Completion
- IT Certified Professional
- Full Training Meals (AM & PM snack and Lunch); coffee and water