CompTIA A+ 2019 is the industry standard for establishing a career in IT.
CompTIA A+ 2019 is the foundation of your IT career
- Candidates are better prepared to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Technicians understand a wide variety of issues ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
- A+ supports the ability to connect users to the data they need to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used.
Now Available – The New CompTIA A+
9 skills that you master and validate with CompTIA A+
Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components and devices
WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEMS
Install and support Windows OS including command line & client support
Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
Explain types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI and SOHO
HARDWARE & NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING
Troubleshoot device and network issues
Identify and protect against security vulnerabilities for devices and their network connections
Install & configure laptops and other mobile devices
OTHER OS & TECHNOLOGIES
Understand Mac OS, Linux and mobile OS
Follow best practices for safety, environmental impacts, and communication and professionalism
Companies that use A+
|Exam Code||CompTIA A+ 220-901 and 220-902 (Academy customers use the same codes) Candidates must complete both 901 and 902 to earn certification. Exams cannot be combined across the series.|
|Launch Date||December 15, 2015|
|Exam Description||CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers PC hardware and peripherals, mobile device hardware, networking and troubleshooting hardware and network connectivity issues.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux. It also addresses security, the fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
|Number of Questions||Maximum of 90 questions per exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response), drag and drops and performance-based|
|Length of Test||90 Minutes per exam|
|Passing Score||220-901: 675 (on a scale of 100-900)
220-902: 700 (on a scale of 100-900)
|Recommended Experience||9 to 12 months hands-on experience in the lab or field|
|Languages||English, German, Japanese, Portuguese, French, Spanish (Modern), Simplified Chinese and Thai|
|Retirement||English will retire July 31, 2019
Other languages will retire October 1, 2019
|Testing Provider||Pearson VUE Testing Centers|
|Price||PHP 43,500.00 per pax (5 days)
Training Bundled with Certification Exam Package
- Configure, install and upgrade operating systems, including: Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile.
- Install and image virtual machines.
- Set up and troubleshoot peripheral devices.
- Assemble and disassemble computing hardware
- Set up and support basic home and small office networks.
- Implement cybersecurity controls appropriate to help desk and technical support roles.
- Troubleshoot and support end user access to applications and data.
Relevant Job Role
- Technical Support Engineer
- Technical Support Specialist
- Helpdesk Engineers
- Field Support Engineers
- IT Support Administrator
- Training Materials
- Certificate of Completion
- IT Certified Professional
- Full Training Meals (AM & PM snack and Lunch); coffee and water